– Best to avoid water and warm/hot steam for the first 48 hours. Clean around the eyes and avoid oil based facial cleansers. During that period, it is best to avoid wearing mascara or cleansing the eyelashes.
– Switching out your oil based cleansers and eye moisturizers will maximize the life of your lashes, since oils can accelerate the breakdown of the eyelash glue. Instead, try using products that are gel or water based.
– Since waterproof mascara requires oil based removers, we recommend not using waterproof eye makeup. To maximize the duration of your lashes, we recommend you avoid wearing mascara altogether. In fact, you might even find that you don’t need it!
– Tread carefully with lash curlers. We strongly recommend avoiding eyelash curlers altogether as they can also pull out your lashes, but definitely avoid mechanical curlers because they can bend an eyelash, which cannot be fixed.
– Depending on the length and volume of lash that you choose, you might find yourself needing to brush them, and that is exactly what you should do. However, to maximize the life of your gorgeous new lashes, you should only bush as needed.
– Do not play with, or pull on, your lashes. Playing around with them might accelerate the speed with which your lashes fall off, and can even cause damage to your natural lashes.
– And finally, remember DRYE: Don’t Rub Your Eyes!!!
Generally, refills are recommended every 2 to 3 weeks to maintain your lashes looking their best. Please note that any lash work done after 4 weeks is considered a full set.